One of my favorite mentors , Simon Sinek, challenges us to start with “Why.” Basically if we discover our why, then we can lead. They are the ones who inspire.
Did you know that when we connect best with each other , we actually inspire each other. This is because the very best connectors are the ones who truly have a great sense of who they are and live in that reality. They understand their purpose and have a great desire to assist others realize or enhance their own purposes.
This is beyond the simple business transaction. The more the partnership is built on the meaningful and pure connection of the two individuals, the better the business opportunities will develop.
Although they have a great sense of self , their actions are selfless. It shows in how they work with their business partners and clients. Yet, the result of such actions leads to better business results not only in terms of profit but in long term business opportunities.
Simon Sinek makes 3 statements out of the 11 tips he gives about speaking to people in a group, that a connector can apply when he/she goes to a networking event.
- Who should come first – shareholders, customers or employees? (you may be surprised) (thehappystartupschool.wordpress.com)
- Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action (TEDTalk) (dominickwatts.wordpress.com)
- Best business video since @SimonSinek (chrisheffer.com)
- The art of management | Simon Sinek | Video (rhibutler.wordpress.com)
- How to Build an Online Community for Your Business (seomoz.org)
- Beyond Link Building – Using Links and Content to Hit Business Goals (seomoz.org)
- Why to wait before making an emotional decision | Simon Sinek | Video | (rhibutler.wordpress.com)
- The art of management | Simon Sinek (empowermentvisioncoaching.wordpress.com)
- Motivation Monday: Inspire Action, by asking the question “Why?” (princesdailyjournal.com)